potus-flotus

COED MAGAZINE LIST THE 7 SEXIEST CELEBRITY STONERS

Last week we posted a thorough list of the most successful potheads on the planet, shattering the myth that smoking marijuana dooms you to a life of failure and worthlessness. While we were all very proud of the list, there was one glaring problem with it: there were no chicks on the list! Can you believe it? How did we make a list of stoners and not include a single female? As any avid pothead knows, girls love to get high just as much as guys. And so to right our wrong, we've made a list for the ladies. Here in all their glory are the seven sexiest stoners on the planet.

Collapse ) 
( While Arod is a Roid user could Derek Jeter be a Stoner too?)








http://coedmagazine.com/2...exiest-celebrity-stoners/

  • Current Music
    Crazy
potus-flotus

Grand Slam Champ Martina Hingis Accused of Cocaine Use

Hingis Accused of Positive Drug Test
Thursday, November 1, 2007

By SHEILA NORMAN-CULP
ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- Martina Hingis said Thursday she has been accused of testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon, and then announced her retirement from professional tennis.

Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam champion and former Wimbledon winner, denied using cocaine.

"I find this accusation so horrendous, so monstrous that I've decided to confront it head on by talking to the press," she said. "I am frustrated and angry. I believe that I am absolutely 100 percent innocent."

The 27-year-old Swiss player lost in the third round at Wimbledon to Laura Granville, 6-4, 6-2.

Hingis returned to the sport two years ago after a four-year absence because of injuries.

She won three straight Australian Open titles from 1997-99, and Wimbledon and the U.S. Open championships in 1997.

Hingis, who lost in the third round of the U.S. Open, hasn't played since her second-round loss to Peng Shuai of China, 7-5, 6-1, in Beijing on Sept. 19.

Hingis said she was accused by "an outsource testing company" of taking cocaine during Wimbledon. She said she was "shocked and appalled" when notified that her urine sample came back positive after the loss to Granville.

"They say that cocaine increases self-confidence and creates a type of euphoria," she said in a statement. "I don't know. I only know that if I were to try to hit the ball while in any state of euphoria, it simply wouldn't work.

"I would think that it would be impossible for anyone to maintain the coordination required to play top class tennis while under the influence of drugs. And I know one other thing _ I would personally be terrified of taking drugs."

Hingis said she later underwent a privately arranged hair test which came back negative for cocaine. The official backup "B" sample test on her Wimbledon urine sample, however, tested positive for the drug.

Hingis said she hired an attorney who found "various inconsistencies" with the urine sample taken during Wimbledon.

"He is also convinced that the doping officials mishandled the process and would not be able to prove that the urine that was tested for cocaine actually came from me," she said.

Hingis said it could take years to fight her case and decided it was time to retire.

"I have no desire to spend the next several years of my life reduced to fighting against the doping officials," she said. "The fact is that it is more and more difficult for me, physically, to keep playing at the top of the game.

"And frankly, accusations such as these don't exactly provide me with motivation to even make another attempt to do so."

WTA Tour chief executive Larry Scott said the tour had not received any official information about a positive test and "as a result we are not in a position to comment on the matter."

"However, it is important to remember that in the area of anti-doping, all players are presumed innocent until proven otherwise," Scott said.

Referring to her retirement, he said, "Martina Hingis is a tremendous champion and a fan favorite the world over. In her most recent comeback, she proved again that she can perform at the very highest levels of the game."


Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All right reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

Source: Sun Sentinel

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/tennis/sfl-hingistext110107,0,6295115.story</a>
[Error: Irreparable invalid markup ('<img [...] <a>') in entry. Owner must fix manually. Raw contents below.]

Hingis Accused of Positive Drug Test
Thursday, November 1, 2007

By SHEILA NORMAN-CULP
ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- Martina Hingis said Thursday she has been accused of testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon, and then announced her retirement from professional tennis.

Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam champion and former Wimbledon winner, denied using cocaine.

"I find this accusation so horrendous, so monstrous that I've decided to confront it head on by talking to the press," she said. "I am frustrated and angry. I believe that I am absolutely 100 percent innocent."

The 27-year-old Swiss player lost in the third round at Wimbledon to Laura Granville, 6-4, 6-2.

Hingis returned to the sport two years ago after a four-year absence because of injuries.

She won three straight Australian Open titles from 1997-99, and Wimbledon and the U.S. Open championships in 1997.

Hingis, who lost in the third round of the U.S. Open, hasn't played since her second-round loss to Peng Shuai of China, 7-5, 6-1, in Beijing on Sept. 19.

Hingis said she was accused by "an outsource testing company" of taking cocaine during Wimbledon. She said she was "shocked and appalled" when notified that her urine sample came back positive after the loss to Granville.

"They say that cocaine increases self-confidence and creates a type of euphoria," she said in a statement. "I don't know. I only know that if I were to try to hit the ball while in any state of euphoria, it simply wouldn't work.

"I would think that it would be impossible for anyone to maintain the coordination required to play top class tennis while under the influence of drugs. And I know one other thing _ I would personally be terrified of taking drugs."

Hingis said she later underwent a privately arranged hair test which came back negative for cocaine. The official backup "B" sample test on her Wimbledon urine sample, however, tested positive for the drug.

Hingis said she hired an attorney who found "various inconsistencies" with the urine sample taken during Wimbledon.

"He is also convinced that the doping officials mishandled the process and would not be able to prove that the urine that was tested for cocaine actually came from me," she said.

Hingis said it could take years to fight her case and decided it was time to retire.

"I have no desire to spend the next several years of my life reduced to fighting against the doping officials," she said. "The fact is that it is more and more difficult for me, physically, to keep playing at the top of the game.

"And frankly, accusations such as these don't exactly provide me with motivation to even make another attempt to do so."

WTA Tour chief executive Larry Scott said the tour had not received any official information about a positive test and "as a result we are not in a position to comment on the matter."

"However, it is important to remember that in the area of anti-doping, all players are presumed innocent until proven otherwise," Scott said.

Referring to her retirement, he said, "Martina Hingis is a tremendous champion and a fan favorite the world over. In her most recent comeback, she proved again that she can perform at the very highest levels of the game."


Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All right reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

Source: Sun Sentinel

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/tennis/sfl-hingistext110107,0,6295115.story</a><img


<a href="http://pics.livejournal.com/demi32/pic/0002qz6q/"><img src="http://pics.livejournal.com/demi32/pic/0002qz6q/s320x240" width="320" height="240" border='0'/></a>
  • Current Music
    Survivor - Destiny's Child
potus-flotus

Middle School Offers Birth Control

Middle School Offers Birth Control
AP
Posted: 2007-10-18 14:06:31
Filed Under: Nation News
PORTLAND, Maine (Oct. 18) - Pupils at a city middle school will be able to get birth control pills and patches at their student health center after the local school board approved the proposal Wednesday evening.

King Middle School in Portland, Maine, will soon offer birth control pills and patches through its student health care center. Students need parental permission to access the center but not for birth control specifically.


Parenting Tips From AOL Coaches: Kids, School and You
The plan, offered by city health officials, makes King Middle School the first middle school in Maine to make a full range of contraception available to students in grades 6 through 8, according to the state Department of Health and Human Services.

There are no national figures on how many middle schools, where most students range in age from 11 to 13, provide such services.

"It's very rare that middle schools do this," said Divya Mohan, a spokeswoman for the National Assembly on School-Based Health Care.

The Portland School Committee voted 7-2 for the measure.

Chairman John Coyne voted against it, saying he felt providing the birth control was a parental responsibility. The other no vote came from Ben Meiklejohn, who said the consent form does not clearly define the services being offered.

Opponents cited religious and health objections.

Diane Miller said she felt the plan was against religion and against God. Another opponent, Peter Doyle, said he felt it violated the rights of parents and puts students at risk of cancer because of hormones in the pill.

A supporter, Richard Verrier, said it's not enough to depend on parents to protect their children because there may be students who can't discuss things with their parents.

Condoms have been available since 2000 to King students who have parental permission to be treated at its student health center.

About one-fourth of student health centers that serve at least one grade of adolescents 11 and older dispense some form of contraception, said Mohan, whose Washington-based organization represents more than 1,700 school-based centers nationwide.

At King Middle School, birth control prescriptions will be given after a student undergoes a physical exam by a physician or nurse practitioner, said Lisa Belanger, who oversees Portland's student health centers.

Students treated at the centers must first get written parental permission, but under state law such treatment is confidential, and students decide for themselves whether to tell their parents about the services they receive.

Five of the 134 students who visited King's health center during the 2006-07 school year reported having sexual intercourse, said Amanda Rowe, lead nurse in Portland's school health centers.

A high school in Topeka, Kan., stopped providing free condoms to students Wednesday after district officials learned of the month-old program. The district has a policy against providing contraceptives.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
2007-10-17 22:51:03

Source: AOL & AP



http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/middle-school-offers-birth-control/20071017225109990001
  • Current Mood
    blah blah
potus-flotus

Michael Jordan, wife file for divorce

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061229/capt.cx10612292203.michael_jordan_divorce_basketball_cx106.jpg?x=180&y=134&sig=.LIo52QERC.A4_Q_ZjQQcA--



Michael Jordan, wife file for divorce



Michael Jordan and his wife, Juanita, divorced Friday after 17 years of marriage. "Michael and Juanita Jordan mutually and amicably decided to end their 17 year marriage," the couple said in a statement issued through their lawyers. "A judgment for dissolution of their marriage was entered today. There will be no further statements."

Michael Jordan's lawyer, Frederick J. Sperling, declined comment.

But in court documents filed Friday with the Lake County Circuit Court, the couple said "irreconcilable differences have caused an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage." The couple said attempts to reconcile their marriage had failed and future ones "would be impractical and not in the best interests of the family."

Juanita Jordan previously filed for divorce in January 2002, but withdrew her petition a month later when the couple announced they were attempting a reconciliation.

The couple met at a Chicago restaurant during his second season with the Bulls and were married Sept. 2, 1989, in Las Vegas. They have three children: Jeffrey, 18, Marcus, 16, and Jasmine, 14.

Michael Jordan, 43, lives in Chicago; Juanita Jordan, 47, lives in Highland Park, Ill.

The Jordans, who have lived separately since February, will share custody of their children, according to court documents.

"The co-petitioners acknowledge that although their marriage is ending, they desire to resolve all of the issues surrounding the dissolution of marriage in the most amicable, expeditious and private fashion possible, for the benefit of themselves and their children," the documents read.

Jordan, a part-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, led the Bulls to six NBA titles and was a five-time league MVP.